INGREDIENTS - Breakfast Bowl
- 1 tsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 large handful of mixed greens
- 1/4 large avocado, sliced
- 1-2 large eggs (pasture-raised are recommended)
- 1 heaped spoon of sauerkraut or kimchi
- 1 small handful of dry roasted almonds, chopped roughly
- sesame seeds, to garnish
- micro herbs, to garnish
INGREDIENTS - Basil Cashew Cream
Makes 1 small jar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup basil leaves
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan forced. Add sweet potato, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to a small baking tray. Toss to coat and bake for 35-40 minutes.
2. To make the basil cashew cream add all ingredients to a high speed blender. Blitz until smooth.
3. Bring a small saucepan of water to boil. Boil egg/s for 8 minutes. Peel, cut in half and set aside.
4. Arrange mixed greens, avocado, boiled egg/s, baked sweet potato, a dollop of basil cashew cream and sauerkraut in a bowl. Sprinkle with almonds, sesame seeds and micro herbs. Enjoy warm or cold.
* This recipe is great for meal prep. Double or triple the quantity of sweet potato and store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Eggs can be boiled in advance and stored in the fridge for a few days.
* Feel free to swap out the eggs or add an additional protein source e.g/ smoked salmon or nitrate-free bacon.
GET IN TOUCH WITH MADDY:
instagram | @maddytrueman