Gluten Free, Vegan
• 1 tbsp avocado oil
• 2 brown onions, finely chopped
• 3 gloves garlic, minced
• 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 cup almond butter
• 1/4 cup hot water
• 1 red capsicum, seeds removed and diced
• 2 large sweet potatoes (approx 900g), peeled and diced
• 1 litre of vegetable broth
• 400ml coconut milk
• Zest of one lime
• Juice of one lime
• Salt and pepper
• Toasted almonds, lime wedges, sesame seeds and coriander, to garnish
1. Add avocado oil to a large pot. Heat over high temperature. Sauté onion, garlic and ginger for 5 minutes. Add capsicum and sweet potato, sautéing for a further 5 minutes
2. Whisk cinnamon, almond butter and hot water in a small bowl until smooth. Add to the pot and stir through.
3. Add vegetable and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add coconut milk, lime zest and lemon juice.
4. Use a stick blender to blend soup until smooth. Alternatively blend in batches in a high speed blender. Taste, then add salt and pepper as needed. Garnish with toasted almonds, lime wedges, sesame seeds and coriander. Enjoy hot!
Soup will keep up to 5 days in the fridge. Transfer soup into glass containers or jars and freeze for up to 2 months.
instagram | @maddytrueman