A healthy alternative for the sugar hit we so desperately crave everyday at approximately 3:00pm ~ Jess Barber, dear friend and nutritionist gives us her go-to almond coconut bliss balls. Let us tell you these have been tried and tested in the Prae HQ and we're going to go right ahead and say you can thank us later for this easy and delicious recipe!
ALMOND COCONUT 3PM'S
I wanted these bliss balls to be a few things:
1. Super simple: 4 essential ingredients
2. A Nice balance: A lot of bliss ball recipes are either really nut heavy or
really date heavy. I've tried to find the perfect balance.
3. A healthy option: full of fibre (from the dates and oats), healthy fats
(from the nut butter and coconut) and protein (a natural source from the
4. YUM to Beat the 3pm slump
1 cup rolled oats
4 medjool Dates
4 tbsp almond butter / peanut butter / cashew butter
2 tbsp dessicated coconut
Optional; 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp salt
Choc twist: add 2 tbsp cacao powder
More healthy fats: 2 tbsp walnuts/chia/hemp seeds
1. In a mug, cover Medjool dates with boiling water, and let soak for 5 minutes
2. Place all ingredients into a food processor or high-powered blender and blend until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the processor or blender to ensure everything is well mixed.
3. The mixture should be sticky, if it's not add 1-2 tablespoons of water. 4. Roll the mixture into snack-sized
5. Place the balls into a container and
store in the fridge or freezer. I like mine in the freezer for a firmer texture.
Voila! Enjoy x