• 2 tbsp avocado oil
• 4 chicken thighs
• 1 onion or leek, sliced finely
• 3 cloves garlic, sliced finely
• 1 1/2 litres of chicken bone broth or stock
• Zest of one lemon
• Juice of two lemons
• 1/4 cup finely chopped dill, plus extra to garnish
• 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley, plus extra to garnish
• 2 cups cooked quinoa
• Microherbs, to garnish
• Salt and pepper
1. Add avocado oil to a large pot. Heat over high temperature. Place chicken thighs in pot and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes then turn over. Season second side with salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 3 minutes then remove from heat and set aside.
2. Add a splash of lemon juice to deglaze the pot. Add the onion and garlic, sautéing for 3 minutes or until caramelised. Add the chicken thighs back into the pot. Top with broth. Add lemon zest and juice.
3. Bring to boil then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove chicken thighs and use two forks to shred. Add shredded chicken back to the pot. Add mixed herbs and stir through until combined. Taste, then add more salt and pepper as needed.
4. Divide the quinoa into four bowls. Ladle the soup into each bowl then garnish with herbs. Enjoy hot!
Soup will keep up to 4 days in the fridge. Transfer soup into glass containers or jars and freeze for up to 2 months.
instagram | @maddytrueman