Author: Tori Bowman Johnson
Before there is AFTERWARDS, there must be BEFORE …
Pregnancy should be peppered with beautiful growth & innocent bliss as you patiently wait to cradle your darling bundle. With every minute that passes, your heart deepens into immeasurable depths. It's sensational as you witness your body take such natural lead.
While delving into the sweetness, we should also appreciate the more peculiar and somewhat uncomfortable aspects of pregnancy life, should we not? Chubby ankles, niggling nausea, ferocious fatigue ... and a few unwelcome toots.
In a frank, sincere and unfiltered tone, BEFORE sets off to explore the pregnancy terrain! Understanding the plethora of scans & the medical lingo, to learning about safe exercise, sex, sleep, nutrition, mental health + all of the taboo aspects women may associate with an 'ick' factor ... despite the fact we are all probably wondering, '...what's up with the swollen hoo-hoo?"
A cast of brilliant professionals in the pre and postnatal space have joined the pages of BEFORE, as well as a collection of mothers who have written letters to their pregnant selves offering true understanding & light. Women carrying twins! Women in same-sex relationships! Step mums carrying their first little wonder, and women who become spectacular mothers after suffering previous loss, long hauls with fertility, IVF and stillbirth.
This book is a palmful of love & solace for every woman who reads.
Pregnancy; Woman To Woman
The Beauty, The Bliss, The Bothers
- EXERCISE with a Women’’s Health Physio
- NUTRITION with a Nutritionist
- AVOIDING HAEMORROIDS
- THE DARLING DOULA with a Doula
- SEX with a Sexologist
- SLEEP with a Sleep Consultant
- MENTAL HEALTH with a therapist
- GETTING TO KNOW COMMON BIRTH TERMS with a midwife/birth expert
- PRE-NATAL MASSAGE THERAPY with a remedial massage therapist
- PREGNANCY SCANS with a sonographer
- PREPARING FOR THE NEWBORN CRY with a health & wellness expert
- TAMING THE TABOO with a midwife/birth expert
- PLANNING FOR POSTPARTUM
- SIGNS OF LABOUR with a midwife/birth expert
LETTERS TO SELF
- PREGNANCY AFTER MISCARRIAGE
- PREGNANCY AFTER STILLBIRTH
- PREGNANCY WITH MULTIPLES
- PREGNANCY VIA IVF
- PREGNANCY - SAME SEX COUPLE
- PREGNANCY - EXPECTING NUMBER ONE!
- THE LIFE ADMIN CHECK LIST
- GRIEF TIPS (SUPPORTING THOSE WHO EXPERIENCE THE TRAUMA OF STILLBIRTH)
- SURVIVING GESTATIONAL DIABETES
♻ Printed Using Recycled Material
Full Colour, 232 pages
Illustrated by Catherine Malady
Cover Art by Jacqui Porter
Designer - Northwood Green
Printer - Mark Print
We offer free shipping Australia wide on all orders over $75
Standard Shipping (2-7 business days) = $10
Express Shipping (1-4 business days) = $15
Once your order has been dispatched, you will receive a confirmation email, including tracking details.
Please note the above delivery time frames are an estimation.
We hope you love your Prae purchase, however if you are not 100% happy, we have a 14 day returns policy.
Prae will provide a full refund or credit note for all full price items that adhere to the conditions on our Shipping & Returns page.
Any return shipping costs are to be covered by the customer.
All sale purchases are final and cannot be returned for a refund, exchange or store credit, other than in the event of them being faulty.